Digital and Analog Electronics Engineer
Required experience and qualities
Skilled in electrical and electronics design for high-speed digital on multi-layer highly-integrated circuit boards, design of analog circuits (including power supplies, filters, and RF amplifier biasing and control networks), with some experience desired in embedded systems hardware and software development. Experience in working within a diverse team of engineers and product designers to drive a new and innovative product to market. Strong emphasis on low-cost manufacturing and integration into overall products in a wide range of environments and applications such as land mobile, aeronautical, maritime, and consumer. Leadership and experience in the innovation, design, implementation, and testing of new capabilities in support of new products is highly desirable. Background in physics, electronics, microwave, or electromagnetics is highly desirable. 5+ years of industry experience or advanced degree required.
- Participate in the planning, design, implementation, and testing of digital and analog electronics hardware at the schematic, layout, and prototyping level for control, monitoring, and communications
- Translate engineering requirements into a design that is functional, efficient, and inexpensive
- Apply Design for Manufacturability (DFM) and Design for Assembly (DFA) techniques in electrical designs
- Apply experience in producing designs in a cost-effective manner to enable the production of highly-manufacturable, cost-effective products ranging from high-end aeronautical products to low-cost consumer products
- Perform designs with an understanding to manufacturing in both high-volume low-margin as well as low-volume high-margin situations
- Interact with parallel design teams to jointly optimize overall product performance
- Relevant engineering degree required
- Relevant industry experience: 5 years
- Proficiency with industry standard CAD/CAM and circuit simulation tools required
- Extremely capable working at all stages of hardware design, including requirements, planning, schematic, layout, prototype, test, and production
- Experienced in use of common digital logic and analog / mixed signal devices.
- Experienced in the design and implementation of high-efficiency switching and linear power supplies.
- Extensive background in high-efficiency low-power electronics design for high-volume manufacturing
- Understand the unique requirements of working with mixed-signal RF/digital electronics
- Thorough knowledge of the strengths and weaknesses of available alternatives for hardware implementation decisions.
- Proven experience at all stages of a product development lifecycle
- Hands-on experience in prototyping, testing, debugging, and reworking hardware designs
- Direct interaction with PCB fabrication processes and vendors
- Standalone problem-solver
- High written and oral communication skills for internal and external presentations, meetings, and reports
- Goal- and schedule-focused
- High performance in a fast-moving startup environment
- Background in design and layout of RF (phase-matched stripline, microstrip, co-planar waveguide, and substrate-integrated waveguide) and/or high-speed digital design is highly desirable
Education and Qualifications
Candidate should have at least a BS level degree and at least 5 years’ experience in related activities. The candidate must have performed well in a team environment, and should have demonstrated experience in project leadership.
- Type: Full-time
- Location: Linthicum, MD
- Number: ENG009