Senior Mechanical Engineer for Product Development
Isotropic Systems, Inc is seeking a RF/Microwave design engineer to join our growing team of creative, highly skilled engineers. The position will be located in Linthicum, MD.
Isotropic Systems, Inc is seeking a Mechanical design engineer to join our growing team of creative, highly skilled engineers located in Linthicum, MD.
The candidate will have the opportunity to apply a broad set of mechanical design disciplines including industrial and enterprise product design, thermal and structural design to develop ruggedized packaged antenna assemblies, enclosures, and structures for land, air, and sea, stationary and mobility applications.
- Lead the design, development, and testing of mechanical subsystems, including physical support, thermal management, enclosure, mounting, and ruggedization for use across a broad set of environmental requirements.
- Apply Design for Manufacturability (DFM) and Design for Assembly (DFA) techniques in mechanical designs
- Perform designs with an understanding to manufacturing in both high-volume low-margin as well as low-volume high-margin situations
- Cultivate and grow a talented mechanical engineering team
- Perform structural analysis and assess impact of thermal analysis on mechanical design of electronic systems & subsystems over a wide range of environmental requirements
- Develop and implement a configuration management strategy
- Support system builds and qualification testing
- Interface with suppliers and customers to develop requirements and deliver cost effective solutions
- Design and develop cost effective system structures for a wide variety of system installations, from fixed installations to mobile installations
- Relevant engineering degree required
- Relevant experience required: 10 years with BS; 8 years with MS
- Proficiency with 3D mechanical CAD and modeling software
- Experience with design for manufacturing and assembly in mass market products
- Ability to generate detailed drawings and drawing packages for manufacturing of electronic assemblies and mechanical subsystems
- Experience with additive and subtractive manufacturing techniques, sheet metal fabrication and injection molding
- Experience developing and applying configuration management strategy for configuration control
- Experience in developing mechanical and structural components and subsystems for reliable, repeatable motion in mass-market products
- Familiarity with RF/Microwave component assemblies, RF/uW PCB materials, and microelectronic packaging techniques
- Experience conducting thermal and structural analysis in electronic assemblies
- Knowledge of high reliability coatings/finishes for electronics and structural elements
- Type: Full-time
- Location: Linthicum, Maryland, USA
- Number: ENG006c